Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

"Why we Ride" motorcycle documentary movie

More
6 years 2 months ago #515 by Alex
Thanks for showing the movie, it was good. I had watched ON ANY SUNDAY recently, that too is good. They also have ON ANY SUNDAY REVISITED which is also very good. If you have not seen either movie I would recommend it. Both movies are not as long but very good, the first one has Steve McQueen in it, not as the main character but in the movie and it is a documentary. It is dated but very good.
I have to say that while watching , WHY WE RIDE I had a desire to be riding and having the throttle wide open, you know that feeling don't you. You know that skimming across the surface of the earth , being propelled by an internal combustion engine, that sensation and sometimes that sensation of feeling free. thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thomas Lunde
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #508 by Thomas Lunde
Replied by Thomas Lunde on topic "Why we Ride" motorcycle documentary movie
That's right. An email blast from Christy is coming and it will be posted on the web page. Here are the basic details:

CRBMW Blah Weather Movie Night – Why we Ride
Tuesday, March 11. 7:00 p.m.

Emmett’s Palatine
110 N Brockway St, Palatine, IL 60067
Brewmaster's Dining Room – Basement Level
www.emmettsalehouse.com/index.shtml
No admission price for movie. However, food/beverages are not included – there is full dinner and bar service available.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #507 by Hank Barta
Replied by Hank Barta on topic "Why we Ride" motorcycle documentary movie
There has been recent discussion on this and thanks to the efforts of fellow member Thomas Lunde there will be a showing on March 11. Watch the newsletter, the calendar and the front page of this site for further details.

It will be here: www.emmettstavern.com/parties_palatine.html

Edit: I just looked back and see it was Thomas' question that I was replying to! :cheer: :whistle: Thank you for making that happen!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Hank Barta.

More
6 years 3 months ago #505 by Tim Colburn
Replied by Tim Colburn on topic "Why we Ride" motorcycle documentary movie
Contact Hank Barta. He coordinates meeting programs and events. This sounds like a good idea but might be better for a standalone activity due to length.

• Thomas Lunde
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
6 years 3 months ago #504 by Thomas Lunde
Replied by Thomas Lunde on topic "Why we Ride" motorcycle documentary movie
I'm new to the club but was wondering if we ever do "movie nights." If so, where/how do we go about it?

More
6 years 3 months ago #503 by Alex
I do, I do, ,, me , me, I am interested. ,,, I remember a long time back being a kid ( I am still a kid )and for the first time watching the great escape with Steve McQueen. I am sure just about everybody has seen it, anyway watching that movie I knew I had to ride, the bug had bitten me even as a little kid. So, you have one interested party, Alex

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds