Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

Backcountry Discovery Routes - BDR

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #1177 by Michael Williamson
Replied by Michael Williamson on topic Backcountry Discovery Routes - BDR
We now have four riders and our group leader/organizer, John C., has elected to keep that group size fixed. I'm looking forward to the trip and to the many challenges the ride will offer, and would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm a bit apprehensive, especially about the Lippincott Pass. But they say that you should do something that scares you everyday, and that pass will be on our last day on the CABDR so by then we should be experts. :cheer:

Last edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Michael Williamson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Williamson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 3 hours ago #1170 by Michael Williamson
We still have a few spots left on our CABDR trip in late March 2020. Feel free to contact me for details if you’d like to join us.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick King

More
3 months 1 week ago #1156 by John Newman
Replied by John Newman on topic Backcountry Discovery Routes - BDR
Beautiful bikes. How do you keep them in such good looking condition? I have 3 and have a hard time keeping them from rusting and corroding. Maybe it is Florida close to the coast doing it. With those beauties' I'm betting you know how to work on carburetors.

• Michael Williamson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #1088 by Michael Williamson
Let’s keep the conversation going, perhaps at a club meeting soon. We could even bring in an expert, like a BDR ambassador or someone who has ridden a few routes to provide some insight.

A fall trip out east would be fun, and I’m pretty sure the MABDR and new NEBDR can be easily linked for a longer ride. I haven’t done a ton of riding out east, with the exception of Pennsylvania, so I’m highly interested.

More
3 months 4 weeks ago #1083 by fran kokes
Replied by fran kokes on topic Backcountry Discovery Routes - BDR
Thanx for the invite. My job prohibits me from taking vacation time prior to Easter. I prolly won't go anyway because I dislike shipping my bike. BUT, That Eastern area captures my imagination.
more later as I think about it,
fran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Williamson, Patrick King

• Michael Williamson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 4 weeks ago #1082 by Michael Williamson
Fran, I'm planning to ride (or maybe fall down a lot along) the CABDR in late March 2020. One of the guys from Gravel Road Motorcycling has everything planned out. He has made some arrangements for round-trip bike shipping from Milwaukee to Vegas for a little over $600, and has already booked some, if not all, of the motels along the route. So far it's me, Dave C from here and his buddy from I think New Hampshire or someplace out east. There's room for one or two more riders for sure, just have to update the rooms. I can send you the details in an email, or feel free to call me, or I can put you i touch with Dave directly.

I also wouldn't mind riding the MABDR and the new NEBDR later in the year.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds