Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

BMW Performance Center U.S. Riding Academy

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #1202 by Michael Williamson
BMW Performance Center U.S. Riding Academy was created by Michael Williamson
I just completed the two-day Off Road School at the BMW Performace Center in Greer, South Carolina. It was probably the best off-road training that I ever had—I learned a ton, got to practice a lot and reinforce it, and also identified and broke some bad riding habits. The instructors were experienced, friendly, and very professional and the overall experience was spectacular. The facility is world-class, the service and food outstanding, and the ability to watch M-Series cars on the track during breaks was super cool. Sadly, due to the holiday weekend, the Zentrum, BMW’s museum, was closed, so I missed that. Our group also got lucky—only four participants and four instructors—so it was essentially one-on-one training.

I know several club members expressed an interest in attending. Please feel free to contact me for any questions you might have.

I attached just a few photos. Waiting for the action shots taken by one of the class members who sadly got injured early on Day 1 but stuck around to take photos as he was driven around the massive facility in a golf cart.

Getting ready to warm up on Day 1.

Our classroom in the woods.

Just a few of the hundreds of cars on site for driving school and testing.

Front brake rotor glowing red hot as this M5 brakes for a turn.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Michael Williamson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Segraves, Patrick King

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds