Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

Less confusion on these topics?

• fran kokes
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1116 by fran kokes
Replied by fran kokes on topic Less confusion on these topics?

Patrick King wrote: 2020 Ice Cream Ride Schedule has now been posted in this category!

Excellent.
Thanx a lot.
Club members making all of these places will be lauded by me right here in this thread.

ice creme addict,
fran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick King

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #1110 by Patrick King
Replied by Patrick King on topic Less confusion on these topics?
2020 Ice Cream Ride Schedule has now been posted in this category!
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Tim Colburn.

• Michael Williamson
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #1105 by Michael Williamson
Replied by Michael Williamson on topic Less confusion on these topics?
As for the Forum, we might want to discuss as a board or a club how to best utilize it and possibly redefine some broad and sub-categories. Tim and I have traded some emails on this already.

Thanks again, Tim, for your help in making some recent changes/upgrades to the Forum.
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Tim Colburn.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick King

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1102 by Tim Colburn
Replied by Tim Colburn on topic Less confusion on these topics?
Good thoughts all. I think that the activities schedule drives it. When this Forum was originally constructed, we did have several well-defined Ice Cream Rides during the season as well as occasional Meet-to-Eat events scattered throughout. A list of events was designed in, like, January; leaders for them were identified; then the activities were added to the Google Calendar for the year. The past couple seasons have been a bit more, shall we say, informal. But if we can get an actual schedule put together it would be pretty easy to rearrange some of the categories out here in the Forum....

“Ride to Eat, Eat to Ride”
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Williamson, Patrick King

• fran kokes
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1101 by fran kokes
Less confusion on these topics? was created by fran kokes
This section of the Forum gives me pause as how it should be used or might be used? So here are some of my random thoughts.

Most rides have food involved. Thus nearly every ride could be listed a s a RTE (Ride To Eat). Most Sunday rides start or end with food. If one scans the "Sunday Rides and Destinations" section, there is a standing invite to a regular breakfast ride out of the Full Moon. There are individual rides listed. How is a Forum visitor supposed to sort out the info? How can the Forum guide posters to put the their info in the best possible place?

I think that the Ice Cream Ride is a great idea. We should have maybe 3 scheduled Ice Cream Rides on the schedule of events just like the Hot Dog Rides. June, July, and August seem to be the optimal months for an Ice Cream Ride each month.There are some iconic ice cream places. Rainbow Cone at 93rd and Western is one. I went on Christy's ride and had a good time. And there hasn't been one since.

The Moonshine ride happens on a Saturday. Should it be listed here rather than where it appears?

I welcome the discussion/input.
fran
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michael Williamson, Patrick King

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds