Chicago Region BMW Owners Association boasts over 250 members... the largest and most active BMW Motorcycle Club in the region. Meeting on the SECOND Thursday monthly, 7:30 pm 'til 9 pm at Elmhurst Elks Lodge, 711 W. St. Charles Rd, Elmhurst, IL 60126.

Early Breakfast Ride

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 months 4 days ago #1220 by Michael Williamson
Replied by Michael Williamson on topic Early Breakfast Ride

Michael Williamson wrote: Tomorrow's forecast is "Riding Weather." Anybody up for an early ride north? I'm thinking about a 7 AM departure from the city, taking a circuitous route to Milwaukee by way of Chicago's northwest suburbs/Lake Geneva, Wisconsin/Burlington/Rochester/Franklin, arriving at the Fuel Café for coffee and and breakfast probably around 10-ish.

What a great day for a ride, especially considering it was February 2!

I left early and headed north toward Lake Geneva. The roads were perfectly clear despite the farm fields being snow covered. I wasn’t planning on stopping until I got to Milwaukee, but it was colder up north than I expected so I stopped at Granma Vickie’s Café for a quick cup of coffee and a short stack.

I got back on the road and headed toward Milwaukee. I rode mostly farm and rustic roads almost all the way there. The roads were nearly deserted and the sun was now shiny brightly. By bike’s air temperature reading was 53 degrees and it felt great.

I arrived at the Fuel Café on 5th. Street at about 10:30. The motorcycle-themed café had nothing but moto-related sports on their big screens—trail riding from Europe, moto-cross racing, a MotoGP wipeout compilation, and more. No endless super bowl pre-game shows here, which was perfectly ok for a guy like me who was celebrating “LIV” years of never having watched one.

The coffee and food were great, and while I was the only one there who rode, I talked to many other riders whose bikes were sadly put away for the winter. Come to think of it, I only saw two other bikes on the road. Strange given the nice weather.

I stayed on the highway for the ride home since I had to be back before 2 PM. I arrived on time and happy to to have gotten the first >200-mile ride in so early in the year!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Segraves, Patrick King

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 5 days ago #1218 by fran kokes
Replied by fran kokes on topic Early Breakfast Ride
Me and another like-minded fool are motorvating out of the Moon immediately after 8am.
Scheduled ourselves to 'wander' up to Union Grove for breakfast at that family place on Rt11. Might take 90min to get there?
Probably going to look for and count snowmen in front yards, back yards, side yards, farm yards.
All bikers welcome, etc.
fran
fran

• Michael Williamson
  • Michael Williamson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 months 6 days ago #1217 by Michael Williamson
Early Breakfast Ride was created by Michael Williamson
Tomorrow's forecast is "Riding Weather." Anybody up for an early ride north? I'm thinking about a 7 AM departure from the city, taking a circuitous route to Milwaukee by way of Chicago's northwest suburbs/Lake Geneva, Wisconsin/Burlington/Rochester/Franklin, arriving at the Fuel Café for coffee and and breakfast probably around 10-ish.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Patrick King

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds